Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blogs vs. Crate Diving



I came across this amazing cover of Roy Ayer's "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" by Seu Jorge on Now Again Records buy the album here. It melted me. It got me thinking...is blog searching the new crate diving? As said before, I've long admired those with the patience to dig through crates of vinyl and find hidden gems. It's an art form. But this morning as I started to catch up on some daily reading, I started jumping from blog to blog, digging deeper and deeper into the depths of inspiration, friends and like minded ears. I started to think...is this the next generation of crate diving? Are we in the digital music dive? Just a smidge of what I'm truly loving right now (this list will grow):

Gorilla vs. Bear
Now Again Records
Daytrotter
Comb & Razor
When You Awake's Mixtapes
NPR's Music
Pitchfork's Forkcast
Funky 16 Corners

No comments:

Post a Comment