Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Digital Distraction: What the F@ck Do I Care?

With Nicholas Carr's book, "The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains," the ever persistent conversation about how new media channels are distracting, destroying and devolving us has chimed up again.

Here are my thoughts:

a) No one wanted to sit around and memorize poems, sonnets or biblical passages back in the day. There was nothing else to do. I guarantee you if there were Nielsen studies of home readership during the enlightenment, ratings would go way down if there was a really cool battle or something outside.

b) Now with sites like What the Fuck is My Social Media Strategy and What the Fuck Should I Make For Dinner I can afford to be distracted and waste time because these things do my work for me.

So stop bitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment