Thursday, May 20, 2010

col*LAB*orate II: Oxfam & Thao

Limiting collaboration to just one post is silly. The entire digital world is built on collaboration, sharing, connecting and more... so we're (er...I) will be blowing this thing out deeper, exploring more and adding, adding, adding.

I've got a list an arm's length long and I stumble across more everyday, but today I got notice from Oxfam America about an exclusive release of a video collaboration from Thao Nguyen (of Thao and the Get Down Stay Down) and Dianna Argon from Glee. Check it:



The video is fun, but I really get excited about is the connection between Thao & Oxfam America. In an evolving age of consumerism and connection, brand experiences need to be thought of less as product/mission focused and more experiential communities. It's not new, but the power of a global community has made it easier and more important. We're all looking for opportunities to learn more, be clued in and plugged in. And why shouldn't that come from the brands that we know and trust? Expose me to the culture that makes your brand (and, logically, product, great and right for me).

In the case of Oxfam, chances are I'm not always going to be in the mood to hear about global calamity, but I love the organization and there's no reason why they shouldn't be exposing me to their culture and what inspires them. Zappos is a perfect example of this, check out their corporate culture page here.

I don't want to pretend that this isn't already happening. Brands like Scion, Mountain Dew, Red Bull...are all well versed in experience marketing through event sponsorships and the like. But that's not what we're looking for. We're looking for raw brand culture, community building and more collaboration between like-minded partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment