Monday, May 3, 2010

R.O.C.K.E.R.S & the Magic of Ernie B




At 20 years old I had dreadlocks to the middle of my back, a radio show called The Electric Church, a healthy dose of self righteousness and a serious love of reggae. Sans dreadlocks and radio show, armed with touch of self righteousness and a crate of vinyl I'm wandering through the yester-years. And it made me want to share.

Before there was the endless swath of digitized music, finding the gems was a rare art that required utmost patience. I did not possess such patience, but I did have a healthy love for music and the catalog to Ernie B's reggae super store. Tonight, inspired by the sounds of the R.O.C.K.E.R.S. soundtrack I set out on the world wide web to see if Ernie made it across the digital divide. He has: http://www.ebreggae.com/. My life will never be the same.

Oh and if you haven't see R.O.C.K.E.R.S - good god - dig it:



Chalk up. Break out the headphones. Dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment