Saturday, May 1, 2010

col*LAB*orate



Artists getting together. Getting together to make things. Giving things they make to the people. What more can you ask for?

I get all romantic and jealous when I think of Harlem jazz gods floating in and out of hole in the wall joints and blessing lucky bar goers with epic phonic journeys. And like all narrow minded soldiers of today I think...shit why couldn't I have been part of that. And that's bullshit. Yes those were great times, but today with the digital wonderweb connecting everyone we get glimpses into greatness. And I love it.

So with that set up. We direct you to Beck and his merry making rock n rollers. True there's oodles of amazing music and great collaborators and we'll talk more about them later, but right now it's Beck's Record Club project that has me hooked. Simple: friends hang out. pick records to cover. record it. we watch. I dare you to ask for more. Right now it's INXS. Dig on.

Record Club: INXS "New Sensation" from Beck Hansen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment